Tomorrow my sister and her best friend are coming up to Brooklyn. I’m taking off from work and we’ll be eating and drinking our way through Brooklyn. The concept is to try something at each place rather than having a whole meal somewhere.
My sister and I have been to many places in the past. However, unlike myself, she only goes to places once. I don’t agree with it, but it’s a barrier that diminishes the amount of places we can go (which is a shame for her friend Rachel who has never even been to Brooklyn before). That being said, this is what I’m recommending for us:
- Blue Bottle for Coffee
- Peter Pan Bakery for Donuts
- Egg for Cheese Grits and eggs
- Pies n Thighs for Chicken Biscuit
- Four & Twenty Blackbird for Pie
- Dumont for Mac & Cheese
- Roberta’s for Pizza (note: Motorino’s in Williamsburg obviously closed and she’s been to Grimaldi’s before)
- The Islands for Jerk
- Fette Sau for smoked meat
- Meatball Shop
- Noorman’s Kill for whisky and grilled cheese
We’ll have a car, so no place is out of bounds or too far away. Please comment and make any recommendations you have in place of or addition to my itinerary in the event you know some shit I don’t. For tomorrow only, nothing is too fatty or too weird to eat. We’re game for anything.